More charting capabilities
All types of charts you ever needed in one place:
- Standard Metatrader charts: M1, M5, M15, M30, H1, H4, Daily, Weekly and Monthly
- Custom timeframes: M2, M10, H2, H3, 2 days, …
- Second charts: 30 sec, 45 sec, …
- Renko charts
- Range charts
- Tick charts
As you can see, our simulator offers you many more timeframes and types of charts than MT4.
Built-in economic calendar
You have access to current economic news releases at any time during the simulation. You can display them on your charts as well. Economic calendar is downloaded from Forex Factory and contains events starting from 2007. Other news providers may be available in the future.
News can filtered by their importance and by currencies, so you can easily display events that really affect your trading.
Use MT4 indicators and templates
Since this trading simulator is an add-on for Metatrader 4, it allows you to use all built-in MT4 indicators as well as many custom ones. You can also use MT4 templates to prepare your charts quickly.
New York Close 5-day charts
The simulator is capable of drawing charts in one of two modes:
- GMT – all charts are based on Greenwich Mean Time (UTC+0)
- New York Close – all charts are aligned with New York trading session close
The difference between these modes can easily be seen on daily charts. GMT charts will render 6 days in a week, including Sunday bar. New York Close charts will render only 5 days in a week. Also, all daily bars will look a bit different as time is shifted by a few hours.
Many traders believe that New York Close charts are essential in trading Forex. The importance of NY Close charts is better described in Nial Fuller’s article.
Save your simulation at any time
The simulation can be saved to a file and loaded at a later time. All your trades, pending orders, stop losses, take profits, trailing stops and other settings will be restored.
Fully control the speed
You can pause and resume the simulation whenever you like. You can speed it up and slow it down. You can also step forward candle-by-candle on any chart you like, including tick, renko and range charts.
Moreover, there are 2 possible speed modes:
- Ticks per second – ticks are uniformly distributed in time, for example 2 ticks per second or 10 ticks per second.
- Real-time – ticks are distributed in the same way as they were distributed in real life. Of course, you can also speed it up, just like a video recording.
You can also tell the program to pause the simulation automatically on certain events:
- Hitting SL or TP
- Execution of pending order
- Reaching a defined price level
Rewind the simulation
Starting from version 1.6 of the simulator you can easily go back in time if you need to. Every chart is now equipped with a button which lets you move back bar by bar. All your trades, pending orders, stop losses, take profits, trailing stops, account details and even statistics will be restored.
If you miss the opportunity or you simply increase the speed too much, it is not a problem. The simulation can be rewound by a minute, an hour, a day or by any other timeframe you choose.
Risk-based position sizing
The simulator lets you use either lot-based position sizing or risk-based position sizing. For example, you can set it to risk no more than 2% of your balance or no more than $100 per trade. Risk-based position sizing requires setting a stop loss to work properly.
Automatic trade management
Following automatic rules can be applied to any trade:
- Stop Loss and Take Profit
- Trailing stop
- Automatic break-even
- One-cancels-other (OCO) rule for pending orders
Moreover, you can use order templates to work faster and avoid repeating the same steps. A template can be used to save your trade management settings and load them at any time.
Forex Simulator lets you place pending orders, stop losses and take profits by simply dragging lines on the chart. You can also modify existing orders in the same way.
Save as HTML report
With Soft4FX simulator you can save the history of your trading as an HTML report. It is formatted in exactly the same way as Metatrader account statements, so it is very easy to import it to any third-party tool for further analysis. An example of such tool is Quant Analyzer. It offers quite a lot of useful statistics and features, even in a free version.
Export to Excel
It is possible to save your trading history as an Excel sheet, allowing you to study and analyze it in more depth.
The simulator displays statistics similar to ones offered by Metatrader, including:
- Balance/Equity graph
- Absolute, relative and maximum drawdown
- Maximum, minimum and average spread
- Profit factor
- Expected profit
- Largest winning and losing trades
- Longest/Largest winning streak
- Longest/Largest losing streak
You can access your current statistics at any time during the simulation, not only after it ends.
Basic operations can be done very quickly using hotkeys:
- Ctrl + Space – Pause/Play
- Ctrl + Up Arrow – Increase speed
- Ctrl + Down Arrow – Decrease speed
- Ctrl + Right Arrow – Next bar
- Ctrl + Left Arrow – Previous bar
- Ctrl + B – Buy
- Ctrl + S – Sell
- Ctrl + C – Close last trade
- Ctrl + A – Close all trades
Updates are free. All you have to do is to download and install a new version. Your activation code will still work with new versions.
There is no special procedure of updating. You can install the new version in the same way as you installed the program for the first time.
- Windows 7 / 8 / 10 (will not work on Mac)
- Installed Metatrader 4 (not Metatrader 5)
- 4 GB of RAM
- Internet connection (the faster the better – downloading tick data may be time-consuming)
- Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5 (Check and install)
- Recommended: a few GB of free hard disk space for storing downloaded tick data
- Recommended: Full HD screen
Download Forex Simulator
The simulator is not a standalone application. It is an add-on for Metatrader 4, so you need to have Metatrader 4 platform installed in your system. Metatrader 5 is not supported yet.
By default the software is locked and works in demo more. Demo mode has two limitations:
You can take only 5 trades per simulation.
You can not load saved simulations.
You need to buy the license to unlock the software.
Demo – test the program for free
You can test our software for free as long as you want. The download button is just above.
When starting the program please leave both e-mail and activation code empty. It will start the simulator in demo mode.
Buy the license
Payments can be made by PayPal and Skrill (MoneyBookers). Most credit and debit cards are accepted.
License is lifetime.
It lets you use the software on 2 Metatrader accounts (demo or real).
There is no limit for the number of computers in use. What limits the use of software is the number of Metatrader accounts.
More information about payments and the license can be found in License, payments and refunds section.